WALGREENS SURVEY: 73% OF PATIENTS RECEIVING COVID-19 VACCINE HAVE MORE POSITIVE MENTAL HEALTHby John G. Baresky on 05/17/21
BRIGHTER OUTLOOK FOR CONSUMERS AFTER RECEIVING COVID-19 VACCINATION
The latest survey data from Walgreens based on 1,500 patients receiving a COVID-19 vaccination reveals a strong, positive trend that will hopefully encourage more persons to get vaccinated as soon as possible:
- 73% of those had a more positive mental health outlook than what they experienced at the start of the pandemic
- 67% of the patients participating in the survey believed the COVID-19 vaccination will improve their physical health
- 64% of the survey respondents felt relief after receiving it
- 86% of respondents felt more positive about getting together with family and friends
- 75% of respondents were looking forward to dining out
NATIONWIDE STATISTICAL SURVEY MODEL
The survey was designed to nationally represent Americans 18 years of age or older that had received 1 or 2 doses of a 2-dose vaccine from (Moderna or Pfizer) or the single dose vaccine from Johnson & Johnson.
WALGREENS: A LEADER IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Based in Deerfield, Illinois (a Chicago suburb), Walgreens (NASDAQ: WBA) is a global leader in pharmacy services and patient care with more than 9,200 stores and a 28% share of ownership in AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC), one of the world's largest healthcare wholesalers.
The company continues to be at the forefront in the battle against COVID-19 with in-store patient testing and immunization services across the country --plus it is providing offsite vaccination administration at nursing homes, various employer locations and community events nationwide.